Christian Göbel is University Professor of Modern China Studies at the University of Vienna, Department of East Asian Studies. A political scientist and sinologist by training, his research is concerned with the adaptability of the Chinese Party-State to social, economic and political challenges. He is especially interested in effects of digital technology on local governance in China. Data derived from expert interviews, expert surveys and web harvesting is processed by means of qualitative content analysis, text statistical methods and inferential statistics.
- Mapping Internet/social media research on China
- Social Unrest in China: A bird’s eye perspective
- My computer just read Xi’s work report – here are the results
- The Microfoundations of Authoritarian Responsiveness
- Why does China Have Internet? Contagion, contingency and strategy in China’s ICT management